Sometimes, when I go to my Taiwanese friend's place to cook, he usually bake a dessert which involves the use of bananas. In the past, he made banana chocolate chip bread, moist and healthy banana muffin and strawberry banana muffins. Recently, he bought the full collection of Food Made Fast by Williams-Sonoma. These cookbooks seem to "break the routine" of buying a cookbook, try out a few recipes and put it back in the shelf. The recipes are quick and simple to follow and the results come out great. We would highly recommend it. This cake recipe is taking out from Food Made Fast: Baking. The cake turns out moist along with the crunch of walnuts and with a satisfying amount of sweetness. Try it out and you will see.
Preparation Time: 15 mins
Baking Time: 35 mins
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 cup butter, softened
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup honey or maple syrup
3 bananas, peeled and mashed
1/2 cup walnuts, chopped
1. Preheat oven to 350F. Butter a 8-inch square pan. Sprinkle with flour and tap off excess.
2. In large bowl, mix together flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and salt.
3. In another bowl, beat together the butter and sugar until creamy. Add eggs and honey, beat until smooth.
4. Combine half of the dry ingredients to the creamy mixture, beat until smooth. Afterwards, mix in the mashed bananas. Finally, blend in the remaining dry ingredients.
5. Spread batter evenly in the baking pan. Sprinkle with chopped walnuts.
6. Bake for 35 mins or until it passes the toothpick test. Cool completely. Serve.