Preparation Time : 15 mins
Cooking Time : 2-3 hours (sauce) + 25 mins
Jalapeno Tomato Sauce
2 celery stalks
2 green bell peppers
3 jalapeno peppers, seeded
1 medium onion
2-3 garlic cloves, minced
2 796mL can of whole italian tomatoes
4 156mL can of tomato paste
1 tbsp dried oregano
1 tbsp dried basil
12 lasagna pasta (not instant)
Choice of meat (Hungarian salami, pepperoni)
Mozzarella cheese, grated
1. For the sauce, dice celeries, carrots, bell peppers, jalapeno peppers and onion.
2. In a large pot, heat oil over medium-high and cook all the diced ingredients until softened. Add garlic and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute.
3. Add tomatoes, tomato paste, 2-3 tbsp olive oil and spices to the pot. Bring heat to a simmer and let it cook for 2-3 hours until thick and tomatoes lose its structure.
4. Cook lasagna pasta in boiling salted water according to package instructions.
6. On a 13'' x 9'' baking pan, spread a laddle of tomato sauce at the bottom of the pan. Layer with 3 sheets of lasagna pasta, pepperoni, salami and tomato sauce. Finish the layering with lasagna pasta.
7. Top with mozzarella cheese. Bake for 10 mins, or until the cheese melts to your likeness.