Two weeks ago, I received an offer from Rebecca of Chow and Chatter to write a guest blog for her. Since she shared quite a few of my recipes on Twitter, it was such an honor to be her guest blogger. Head out to her food blog and check out my post on Basil Pesto Chicken Pizza with Pineapple. Thank you, Rebecca!
In order to avoid a duplicate post, I'll be posting my Steak and Cheese Pizza recipe. The procedure is very similar to the pesto chicken pizza where you prebake the pizza dough, cook the meat until it is a bit undercooked and finish the cooking process in the oven.
Philly cheese steak sandwich is such an easy thing to make, all you need basically is to cook thinly sliced beef and caramelized the onions, bell peppers and mushrooms. You can use these same ingredients onto a pizza. Ever since I used chipotle peppers on the BBQ sauce, I have become more and more an addict to chipotle peppers because of its smoky taste. This time, I added some chipotle peppers to my favorite pizza sauce recipe. If you haven't tried making your own pizza, it is very easy to make and it can easily be made to your own liking.
Preparation Time: 10 mins
Refrigeration Time: at least 1 hour (pizza sauce)
Cooking Time: 5 mins
Baking Time: 20-25 mins
1 pizza dough
1/2 lb beef tenderloin, thinly sliced (or any choice of beef)
1 medium onion, sliced
1/2 - 3/4 cup Chipotle Pizza Sauce (recipe follows)
3-4 mushrooms, sliced
Grated Mozzarella cheese or Provolone cheese
Chipotle Pizza Sauce
1 (6 oz.) can tomato paste
3/4 cups water
1/4 cup olive oil
2 cloves of garlic, minced
2 chipotle peppers, sliced
1/2 tbsp oregano
1/2 tbsp basil
salt/pepper to taste
1. Prepare Chipotle Pizza Sauce. In a bowl, mix all ingredients and season with salt and pepper. Refrigerate for 1-2 hours or overnight to blend all the flavors.
2. Preheat oven to 400F.
3. Oil a 12-inch pizza pan. Spread it onto prepared pan. Prick dough with fork.
4. Prebake the pizza dough until it starts to turn brown, about 10-15 mins.
5. Meanwhile, in a skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Cook sliced beef until it turns brown and still a bit pink in the middle, and onions until transparent.
6. Spread chipotle pizza sauce onto the prebaked dough. Top with beef, onions and mushrooms. Sprinkle with cheese.
7. Bake for 10 mins until the cheese has melted.