Sunday, October 4, 2009
Cremini Mushroom Risotto
Preparation Time : 5 mins
Cooking Time : 25 mins
7 cups vegetable broth
12 cremini mushrooms, coarsely chopped
1 medium red onion, cubed
2 cups Arborio rice
1/2 cup dry white wine (or more to taste)
1 cup grated Parmesan (optional)
1. Bring broth to a simmer in a medium saucepan.
2. In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Cook cremini mushroom and stir occasionally until golden, about 4 mins. Set aside.
4. Add rice to onion. Stir until coated. Leave for about 3-4 mins until almost translucent.
5. Add white wine and a ladle of broth. Let the rice adsorbed most of the liquid before adding more liquid, stir constantly. Continue in this manner until it gives a creamy consistency but still retains a bite. After 4 ladles, add the cremini mushrooms. If stock runs out, add water.
6. For a rich taste, add butter or olive oil when it becomes creamy. Add parmesan before serving.