Have you ever tried making your own tiramisu? I received a few suggestions from you readers to post a tiramisu recipe. The first time that my Taiwanese friend made this dessert, I didn't know it contains strong brewed coffee as I never drink coffee in life. I am more of a tea person.
For those who don't know what is tiramisu, it is an Italian dessert, made of layers of lady fingers and mascarpone-based mixture, topped with cocoa powder. Unfortunately, I didn't take the final picture of the dessert.
Preparation Time: 15 mins
1 package of lady fingers
475g mascarpone cheese
1 1/2 cups brewed coffee
1 cup Marsala wine
3 tbsp Kahlúa or any coffee flavoured liqueur
6 egg yolks
1. In a large bowl, beat egg yolks with sugar until it becomes pale.
2. Add mascarpone to bowl and fold it into the egg yolk mixture with a rubber spatula.
3. In a separate bowl, combine brewed coffee, Marsala wine and Kahlúa.
4. Dip lady finger into the coffee mix and place it onto a 8'' x 8'' baking pan. Repeat the same process until it covers the bottom of the pan.
5. Spread the dipped lady fingers with half of the mascarpone mixture. Repeat the layering process.
6. Sprinkle with cocoa powder and store in the refrigerator overnight.