Preparation Time: 30 mins
Cooking Time: 25 mins
1 tbsp vegetable oil
1 tbsp butter
2 lb acorn squash or any other squash, peeled, seeded and cut into 1-inch cubes
salt and pepper
pinch of nutmeg
1 egg, beaten
Favorite pasta sauce
1. Roll out the pasta dough into pasta sheets. For raviolis, make the sheets a bit thicker than usual, about the same thickness as a nickel coin. Let it dry.
2. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, heat oil and melt butter over medium-high heat. Cook squash until soft. Season with salt and pepper. Add nutmeg.
3. Purée squash with a hand mixer or blender.
4. To assemble raviolis, prepare a floured surface. Lay out pasta sheet.
5. Place teaspoons of purée on the pasta sheet, spaced about one-inch apart.
6. Brush beaten egg on pasta sheet between the mounds of purée. Cover with another sheet of pasta.
7. Use a pasta cutter or knife to cut raviolis apart.
8. Bring a pot of salted water to a boil, add raviolis, and cook for about 5 mins.
9. Drain with a colander and serve with your favorite pasta sauce. If you have some purée remaining, serve it as a side dish.