Sunday, December 6, 2009
Banana Chocolate Chip Bread
My first year blog anniversary is coming very soon in 10 days. I'm right now thinking on what to cook and what theme I should adopt to make this event a success. I managed to invite 10 people and hopefully more can come.
On paella night, this recipe was done based on a muffin recipe and try to bake it on a bread pan. It turns out to be pretty good.
Makes 1 bread or 12 muffins
Preparation Time : 15 mins
Baking Time : 25 mins
4 riped bananas
1 egg, lightly beaten
1/4 cup milk
1/2 cup sugar
1/4 cup vegetable oil
1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 tbsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 cup bittersweet chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 375F. Lightly butter and flour bread pan or 12 muffin cups.
2. In a large bowl, mash bananas with a fork. Add egg, milk, sugar and oil, beat until smooth.
3. In a medium bowl, combine flour, baking powder and salt. Gradually incorporate into liquid mixture with a rubber spatula.
4. Transfer batter to the bread pan or fill muffin pans 2/3 full.
5. Bake for 25 mins or until it passes the toothpick test. Rotate pan midway.