Monday, February 1, 2010
Chocolate Eclair Cake
Have you ever organized a dessert night? This means no soup, no appetizers, no main dishes, only desserts... We were very surprised that we have lots of desserts left at the end of the night, and everyone of us didn't eat that much even though they were heavenly delicious. So, when organizing a dessert night, just make small portions, everyone will be high in sugar at the end.
Who can't resist the taste of chocolate eclair? Here I will share a great family recipe made by American friend. She also made in the past, candied yams.
Preparation Time : 20 mins
Cooking Time : 15 mins
2 package instant french vanilla pudding mix
8 oz. Cool Whip
Graham crackers to cover
1/4 cup cocoa powder
1 cup sugar
1/4 cup milk
4 tbsp butter
1 tsp vanilla extract
1. In a large bowl, make vanilla pudding according to package instructions. Fold in the Cool Whip.
2. Line bottom with graham crackers in a 9'' x 13'' baking pan. Spread with pudding mixture over the graham crackers. Repeat this process one more time and finish with a graham crackers layer. Refrigerate.
3. Prepare chocolate frosting. In a saucepan, mix cocoa powder with sugar. Add milk and butter, heat over medium-high heat. Stir until butter melted and let it boil for 1 minute.
4. Remove from heat and add vanilla extract. Stir constantly until it starts to thick, frosting consistency.
6. Refrigerate if necessary. Serve.