Saturday, December 11, 2010
OGourmet Product - Saffron Pea Risotto
Preparation Time: 15 mins
Cooking Time: 40 mins
2 cloves of garlic, minced
1 medium onion, chopped
1 1/2 cup Arborio rice
1/3 cup white wine
1 pinch saffron stigmas
5-6 cups vegetable stock
1/2 cup green peas
1/3 cup freshly grated Parmesan
Salt and pepper
Fresh parsley leaves for garnish
1. In a large skillet, heat oil and melt butter over medium-high heat. Cook onion until transparent and mushrooms until soft, about 5 mins. Remove from skillet.
2. Add rice to skillet. Leave for 3-4 mins until almost translucent. Add garlic and cook until fragrant, about 1 min.
3. Add white wine, saffron, and a ladle of vegetable stock. Let rice adsorbed most of the liquid before adding more liquid, stir constantly. Continue in this manner until it gives a creamy consistency. After 4-5 ladles, add green peas and onion.
4. Once done, stir in Parmesan cheese and season with salt and pepper. For a creamy texture, add butter.
5. Spoon risotto onto serving bowls. Garnish with parsley and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.