Preparation Time : 5 mins
Cooking Time : 40-50 mins
1 Chicken Breast
5 medium tomatoes, preferably Italian, cubed
1 medium onion, 1/2 finely diced and 1/2 cut into large cube
1 clove of garlic, minced
2 cloves of garlic, smashed
3 chipotles, canned
10g or 1 cube chicken broth powder
1 1/2 tbsp oil
1. In a medium-sized pot, put chicken, large cube onions and smashed garlics. Add water to cover. Add 1 tsp salt and bring to a boil over high heat. Skim off the foam on surface. Reduce to medium-low heat and let it simmer, uncovered, until chicken is opaque throughout. About 20-30 mins.
2. Meanwhile, using a blender, blend chipotles and tomatoes.
3. Transfer chicken to plate. Reserve broth if needed. When chicken is cool enough to handle, remove fat and coarsely shred with fingers.
5. Add tomato mixture, chicken broth powder and shredded onto skillet. Cook for 10-15 minutes. If it is dry, add liquid chicken broth but do not add too much. You don't want it to be runny.
6. Serve with rice or tacos.