Preparation Time : 20 mins
Baking Time : 20-25 mins
1/2 cup white sugar
1/2 cup flour
1 cup milk
1/2 cup 15% cream
3 large eggs, separated
1 tsp vanilla extract
cherries enough to fill the baking pan
icing sugar for dusting
1. Sift flour and sugar in a large bowl. Slowly whisk in the milk, cream and egg yolks until smooth, then add vanilla extract. Set aside.
2. Meanwhile, beat egg whites until it forms soft peaks in clean bowl.
3. Preheat oven to 400F.
4. Rub an 9-inch round baking dish with butter and lightly dust with flour.
5. Pit cherries by cutting it in half and put the opening face down on the baking dish.
6. Pour batter through a strainer onto the egg whites and fold through until combined. Pour mixture over the cherries.
7. Bake for 20-25 mins until the edges are puffed up and golden brown, and the center is just set. Dust with icing sugar. Serve warm.