Monday, May 31, 2010
Korokke is the Japanese version of a nugget. The main ingredient is mashed potatoes and it is combined either with chopped meat, seafood or vegetables. The korokke can be dipped in worcestershire sauce or simply in ketchup.
Preparation Time: 5 mins
Cooking Time: 20 mins
1 1/2 lb Yukon gold potatoes, peeled
1/2 lb ground pork and beef, mixed
1 small onion, cubed
1 egg, beaten
1/4 cup water
1/2 cup all-purpose flour or cake flour, sifted
1 tsp nutmeg
1. Cook potatoes until soft in boiling salted water. Mash the potatoes.
2. In a skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Sauté onion until transparent. Set aside. Cook ground meat until browned. Remove from heat.
3. Combine meat, onion and potatoes. Shape it into 1-inch patties.
4. In a small bowl, combine egg, water, flour, salt, nutmeg.
5. Dip potato patties in the batter and coat with bread crumbs.
6. Heat oil for deep-frying to 350F. Fry until golden brown, about 1-2 mins per side. Serve.