In this Friday collective cooking, my Peruvian friend has finally cooked a dish for us. At the beginning, when we invited him for cooking a few months ago, he didn't know how to cook simple dishes. Watching us cooking for months, he decided now that this is his time to shine. Here is his first succesful dish. It seems that creole soups are popular in South America and there are wide variations depending in which country you live. I hope I got this recipe correct.
Preparation Time : 10 mins
Cooking Time : 40 mins
300g sirloin tip steak
5 medium carrots
4 medium yellow potatoes, peeled
2 celery stalks
250 g capellini (angel hair) (preferably those that cooks in less than 3 mins such as De Cecco)
2L water + 1 Knorr beef cube (2L beef stock)
3 large eggs
300 mL milk
1 tbsp paprika
1 1/2 tsp salt
1 clove of garlic
1 tsp oregano
1. Cut beef, carrots, potatoes and celery into small cubes.
2. Heat oil in a large pot over medium-high heat. Add garlic and cook until browned.
3. Add beef, carrots, potatoes, celery, salt and paprika. Stir for 5 mins.
4. Add beef stock and cover. Cook until potatoes softened about 20-25 mins. Stir time to time.
5. Add capellini and cook for 2-3 minutes or as instructed.
6. Turn heat off and add beaten eggs, milk and oregano. Constantly stir for 1-2 minutes. Serve.