My uncle, also a physicist like me, he is the first one who taught me how to cook and show how little time it takes to prepare good food. I always have a passion about desserts and wondered how to bake them. Sponge cake is the first real dessert that I made by myself.
Makes 1 cake
Preparation Time : 25 mins
Baking Time : 45-50 mins
7 eggs (white separated)
2 pinch cream of tartar
1 1/3 cups cake flour
2 tsp baking powder
4 oz. oil
2 oz. water
1 cup sugar
1. Beat egg whites with cream of tartar until it reaches firm peak, about 15 mins. For details about the whites, check the note at the bottom of the chocolate mousse recipe.
2. Mix egg yolks, sugar, oil and water.
3. Fold beaten egg white into egg yolk mixture. Slowly add flour and baking powder.
4. Preheat oven at 350F.
5. Lightly oil the tube pan. Pour batter into the tube pan, spread it evenly.
6. Bake for 45-50 mins. Let it cool for at least 20 minutes. A neat trick is to suspend the cake on a cold bottle.