We have invited a French collegue to our collective cooking. He was assigned to work on the main dish and he made Quiche Lorraine. I made my version of Quiche Lorraine in January. Here is his version.
Preparation Time : 15 mins
Cooking Time : about 25 mins
1 pâte brisée
150 mL crème fraîche
150 mL whole milk
1 small onion, chopped
3 large mushrooms, sliced
1/2 tsp nutmeg
salt and pepper
1. Preheat oven at 400F.
2. Cook onion over medium-high heat until transparent.
3. Beat eggs in a medium bowl. Blend in crème fraîche and milk. Add ham, onion, mushrooms, nutmeg, salt and pepper.
4. Lay pastry dough on a baking dish or a 8-inch tart pan. With fork, prick dough all over.
5. Pour batter and top with grated cheese.
6. Bake for 20-30 mins or until golden.