This soup does not come from Campbell's soup. This is a fancier version and my favorite one to make.
Preparation Time : 10 mins
Cooking Time : 45 mins
8 large mushrooms
2 tbsp butter
1 small onion
10 oz. can of chicken stock + 10 oz. of water (or as instructed)
1 tsp thyme
1 tsp salt
2 tbsp black pepper
2 cups heavy cream
1 tsp cornstarch in 1 tbsp water
1/2 cup white wine
1. Chop mushrooms into minced cubes.
2. In a saucepan, boil chicken stock.
3. In large pot, cook onions with butter until transparent on medium heat. Add minced mushrooms and thyme on low heat for 10-15 mins or until the liquid from mushroom disappears.
4. Add salt, pepper, cream, white wine and chicken stock, cover and simmer for 20 mins. Stir occasionally.
5. Add cornstarch and simmer for 10 mins, stirring constantly.
6. Sprinkle with parsley.