Makes about 16
Preparation Time : 10 mins
Cooking Time : 5 mins
8 slices of prosciutto
Basil leaves (1-2 leaves per sandwich)
100g Gruyère or Emmental cheese
1-2 large eggs
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1/4 cup olive oil or more
parmesan cheese (optional)
1. Cut each zucchini in half, then slice lengthwise about 1/4 inch. Lay them in pairs on paper towel.
2. Stack half of the zucchinis with prosciutto, 1-2 basil leaves and Gruyère cheese.
3. Lay the remaining zucchini slices on top of each stack. Cover with another paper towel and press down firmly in order to extract moisture.
5. In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Cook zucchini until golden brown, about 2 mins on each side.
6. Remove and use a paper towel to drain oil. Top stacks with grated parmsean cheese.